Thu, 27 Apr|
Leacock 219 and Zoom
Teaching Assistant Assembly - Bargaining Priorities!
At this very important assembly, TAs will vote on the priorities for the next round of negotiations for a new Collective Agreement.
Time & Location
27 Apr, 17:30
Leacock 219 and Zoom, 855 Rue Sherbrooke O, Montréal, QC H3A 2T7, Canada
About The Event
The modality of the assembly is hybrid: the physical location is in Leacock 219, and the assembly will be streamed over Zoom.
On the agenda:
- Report of the pre-Bargaining Committee, hear their recommendations
- Discuss and establish bargaining priorities
- Elect your TA Bargaining Committee
- Establish a Bargaining Support Committee
- Elect a Bargaining Support Committee
Run for a committee position!
We want to win a strong contract in our next negotiations—but to do this, we need to collectively decide our priorities and fill our committees with keen and qualified people.
If you want to run for a position on the Bargaining Committee, or Bargaining Support Committee, you can do this in one of two ways:
- Submit a nomination form with 5 signatures of TAs who have worked in the past 12 months and signed their membership form. Send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
- Nominate yourself in the meeting. Note—you can only do this in uncompetitive elections (if 1 or 0 people are running at the start of the meeting)
TA Assembly - Thursday, April 27
For TAs who have worked in the past 12 months
5:30-8:00pm (approx.) (with a break!)
Leacock 219 and online
Dinner will be served!
Please remember to sign your membership form before the meeting!
We strongly encourage everyone to attend in person if possible. In-person attendance helps to build a greater sense of solidarity through direct interactions and meaningful conversations before, during, and after the meeting.
Please only join by Zoom if you are on Macdonald campus or out of town, have health-related concerns, caregiving responsibilities, or experience other challenges. Thank you for helping us build a strong union. And don't forget - dinner is on us!
As a reminder, please wear a mask, if you attend in person. In November, the General Assembly voted to require masks at union events for the foreseeable future. The meeting coordinators will ensure there are N95 masks in case you forget your mask at home.
The meeting link and agenda will be sent to those who register in advance of the meeting. For elections, the ballot will be sent to your email to everyone who is present in the meeting at the time of the vote, in accordance with labour law.