Wed, 29 Sept|
AGSEM Special General Assembly (TAs and Invigilators)
This combined (TAs and Invigilators) General Assembly is held for the purpose of holding an election for the TA Grievance Officer position of the AGSEM Executive Committee. If you are an eligible member of Unit 1 or 2, you are invited to run for this position. RSVP required.
Time & Location
29 Sept 2021, 18:30 GMT-4
About The Event
Our General Assembly is on September 29 2021, expected to start at 6:30pm. EST, online.
If you wish to attend, we recommend you RSVP as soon as possible.
Following the Invigilator Assembly with Bargaining Committee election, we will be holding a General Assembly for TAs and Invigilators on September 29th at 6:30 PM. The General Assembly has been called with the purpose of holding an election for the TA Grievance Officer position of the AGSEM Executive Committee, elected for a term ending April 30, 2022. We want to thank Jessica Rose, current TA grievance officer for her great contribution to the union over the past years. This GA will happen just after the Invigilators' Assembly so this GA is expected to start at 6:30pm. If you currently work or have worked as a TA in the last 12 months or as an invigilator at any point since May 1, 2019, you are entitled to attend, speak, and vote at this assembly; however, since this is an online assembly, we require you to register in advance. If you wish to attend, we recommend you RSVP as soon as possible.
You are also invited to submit any topic of discussion or motion to adopt that you wish, simply by emailing the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, up to 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
Registration on the event page is necessary to attend the meeting, and the meeting information and agenda will be sent to those who register in advance. Registration will be open until September 28 at 6:30PM, 24hrs in advance of the meeting. We will follow up with registrants for whom we do not have a signed AGSEM membership form.
Nomination Period Now Open
The AGSEM TA Grievance Officer position is now open. The position is remunerated for 180 hours per semester at the new TA rate ($32.38$/hr). The nomination period is now open until September 27 2021, 6:30pm EST, 2 days before the assembly. Nomination forms must be signed by the nominee and five (5) Unit 1 or 2 members in good standing. Unit 1 or 2 members in good standing work or have worked in the past 12 months and have signed and submitted an AGSEM membership form. Filled-out nomination forms, including self-nominations, for any of the EC or BC positions must be sent to email@example.com. Members can also run in absentia provided they submit a Nomination Form prior to the Assembly. Official description of the positions is available below.
Official description of the AGSEM TA Grievance officer position:
The Grievance Officer shall be the officer responsible for ensuring the respect of members’ rights and the enforcement of their Unit’s respective Collective Agreement, by, including but not limited to:
- actively informing members of their rights under the Collective Agreements and the relevant employment law;
- assisting members of the Union with complaints or grievances, including internal complaints not leading to the filing of a grievance;
- shall normally perform the role of the “Union” where mentioned in the Unit 1 and 2 Collective Agreements;
- shall be responsible for the reception and maintenance of Union membership records and documents received by the Employer or its Hiring Units, including but not limited to membership forms, appointment lists, and dues lists;
- shall have a seat on the Bargaining Committees of their respective Unit;
- shall act as the chairperson at Labour Relations Committee meetings for the Unit which they represent and shall normally be accompanied by the President