AGSEM General Assembly (TAs and Invigilators) - Election of the AGSEM Mobilization Officer
Time & Location
About The Event
The next combined TAs and Invigilators general assembly is on January 25, 2021, for the purpose of holding an election for the Mobilization Officer position of the AGSEM Executive Committee, elected for a term ending April 30, 2021. This GA will happen just after the delegates' council and the Invigilators' Assembly so this GA is expected to start at 6:30pm. If you currently work or have worked as a TA in the last 12 months or as an invigilator at any point since May 1, 2019, you are entitled to attend, speak, and vote at this assembly; however, since this is an online assembly, we require you to register in advance. If you wish to attend, we recommend you RSVP as soon as possible.
You are also invited to submit any topic of discussion or motion to adopt that you wish, simply by emailing the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, up to 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
Registration is necessary to attend the meeting, and the meeting information and agenda will be sent to those who register in advance. Registration will be open until January 24 at 5:30PM, 24hrs in advance of the meeting. We will follow up with registrants for whom we do not have a signed AGSEM membership form.
Nomination Period Now Open
The AGSEM Mobilization officer position is now open. The position is remunerated for 180 hours per semester at the new TA rate ($31.59/hr). The nomination period is now open until January 23 2021, 12:00PM EST, 2 days before the assembly. Nomination forms must be signed by the nominee and five (5) Unit 1 or 2 members in good standing. Unit 1 or 2 members in good standing have worked as worked in the past 12 months and have signed and submitted an AGSEM membership form. Filled-out nomination forms, including self-nominations, for any of the EC or BC positions must be sent to email@example.com. Members can also run in absentia provided they submit a Nomination Form prior to the Assembly. Official descriptions of the positions is available below.
Official description of the AGSEM Mobilization position:
1. shall be the officer primarily responsible for the organization of Union events, campaigns, outreach, and publicity;
2. shall be the primary Executive Committee contact and resource person, for the Delegate Council and for Union members, in all matters not pertaining directly to grievances;
3. shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Union’s website and other social media;
4. shall be responsible for communications with members, including ensuring the maintenance of email lists;
5. shall sit on the mobilization committee;
6. shall be a signing officer of the funds of the Union.